This website has been developed so that everyone can browse its pages without any access problems, whether or not they have a disability and regardless of the browser they use.
The following measures have been taken into account in www.bcn.cat/iaec2014 to allow users to access all the content and functionalities of the site more easily:
- Titles: The page titles are descriptive and clear about the website that users access and the webpage they enter.
- Multibrowser: The pages are correctly displayed in the various browsers used for the analysis (Mozilla, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome).
- Consistent browsing: Website consistency is assured, making browsing in all the pages consistent and offering all users a satisfying user experience.
- Flashing and flickering: Interference such as flashing content, excessive flickering or automatically starting audio is avoided.
- Language: The contents use simple language that is easy to understand for the website’s target audience.
- Language: In general, the languages of the pages and the parts that change language have been labelled.
- Focus is visible: The focus is visible when browsing with the keyboard.
- Text images: Apart from logos and the occasional image that is essential as a text image, the rest of the content is easily configurable because the use of text images has been avoided.
- Data tables: Tabular data are correctly labelled in tables.
- Frames: The frames are correctly titled.
In developing www.bcn.cat/iaec2014 the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Double A level, set by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) have been taken into account.
Barcelona City Council undertakes to continue working to reduce, as much as possible, any accessibility barriers that still remain to be resolved.
If you notice any problems in accessing the contents of the 2014 (13th) International Congress of Educating Cities website, do not hesitate to get in touch with us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.