An Educating City is an Inclusive City
Barcelona will be playing host to the 13th International Congress of Educating Cities in 2014, to mark the 20th anniversary of the Association's founding in Barcelona, where the presidency has been held ever since.
Knowledge and education are the foundations to development and social inclusion in our society. That is why the local authority, as strategic-territorial goal leader, takes a broad view of education, beyond school and based on the idea of an educating city, where education becomes a tool for, a driving force to and an influence on personal and collective development, social inclusion and greater community coexistence and solidarity. Hence the theme of the congress: The Educating City is an Inclusive City.
Dates ans registration prices
- The Congress takes place from 13 to 16 November 2014
- Dates for presenting experiences: from 18 November 2013 to 30 March 2014
- Registration period: from 15 January to 15 June 2014
|Advance registration||300€||350€||200€||from 15 January to 15 June 2014|
|Standard registration||350€||400€||225€||from 16 June to 13 November 2014|
- Registration includes: welcome reception, participation in the opening and closing ceremony, plenary sessions, workshops, an experience visit, lunch and appetiser on 13, 14 and 15 November, Anniversary celebration dinner on 14 and Congress materials.
- The official tour on Sunday 16 November will have to be paid for separately.
- Registration does not include accommodation or transport.
- Registration for the plenary sessions will cost 100 euros; this includes a welcome reception and a place at the Speaker’s Corner.
- Concessions apply for delegates from countries with a GNP below 1,000 dollars per capita, according to figures from the World Bank.
Fees for stands in euros
|3 days at the Congress||500€||1.200€||3.000€|